From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> on behalf of Steve Smith
<sasm...@swcp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 11:01 AM
To: friam@redfish.com <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Automata with FFT

On 9/28/22 10:38 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
Amazon is almost always easier and faster than a local business that have thin
inventory and higher margins.  A local business is a place get COVID.  I find I
usually order hardware and equipment online from Home Depot because the store
inventory is kept thin on purpose (like because it is stolen).  This is why
Amazon is on top.   It is a better way to do business and they are really good
at it.
I still buy from local businesses as much as I can *so they will be there when
I want/need them*...   I also find ordering online and picking up at my front
door exquisitely more convenient "in the moment", whether it is Amazon or Home
Depot or Autozone.  But then there are those times when I don't want to wait a
day or three for the plumbing part that gets my bathroom back to working and it
would really suck if the (Ace) Hardware store run by the local pueblo were
closed (they closed a *lot* during COVID and during the "great resignation" we
are still in).

Not everyone is a cow.   We are selected and self-selected into organizations
were our personalities and abilities work.  Some are farmers, some are cows.
When the cows are left to wander, they get frustrated and call for farmers.  Il
Duce!

You sound a lot like John Galt!

And just to double-down on the "aphorisms":  "when you own a cow, the cow owns
you".   I think it goes for golden geese also.   And I think maybe Mr. Putin is
maybe going to get a kick in the teeth by the golden-goose-cow he has owned now
for 30? years...

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam