IDK. The implication that we already have laws that cover (80%?) of the use cases for new
tech we, as a society, want to discourage, is a good default. It resists the "there
ought to be a law" sensibility held by old people and curmudgeons everywhere. And it
keeps our legal system a little more adaptive than it would be were we to burden it with
even more persnickety case-by-case rulings.

I'm more interested in the deeper threats of new tech. E.g. "Altered Images":
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10728-016-0327-1 and our tendency to "identify
as". Annoying story time. Maybe I've mentioned this before, but ...

I was at the pub with one of those people who describe themselves as left or liberal. But over the course of the conversation, it came out
that he was largely anti-trans ... basically a TERF ... but perhaps not so radical, maybe replace radical with reactionary. In an attempt
to constructively criticize his stance, I asked him whether he "identifies as a man". He quickly said "Yes." I
responded, "I don't." I also don't identify as Texan ... or Washingtonian ... or White (or Scotch-Irish, which is what the nuns
told my parents I was) ... or as a Ropella (which is easy being adopted). Etc. We didn't have the time to go into diachronic vs. episodic.
But by highlighting the fact that he identifies with various tribes (e.g. "men" and "American" - he's got ethnic
features, but doesn't identify with the ethnicities they're associated with), I'd hoped to demonstrate that "identifying as" is
problematic no matter what it is you identify with. So maybe I'm also anti-trans because *anyone* who identifies as a man is simply
confused ... including him.

The point being that behaviorism is insidious. You are not a shallow narrative comprising
Instagram "stories" in the same way ChatGPT is not an organism. But it's not merely
behaviorism. There's a similar problem with the concept of an integrated personality
<https://dictionary.apa.org/integration>. Faced with such severe and disastrous
delusional separation from one's environment, focusing on the suffering that can be caused by
particular instances of abuse (as in DeStefano) seems overly Utilitarian, flattening experience
into a 1-dimensional spectrum. It's a different symptom of the same disease.