Thanks, Roger.

I put a copy of Shalizi and Farrell's paper for discussion here:
   https://redfish.com/papers/temp20230624/shaliziFarrell_AI_Economist.pdf

(As this is a not a public email list, I think it's fair use to post a link
to the article for discussion. I will delete the file tomorrow so the
public archive will have a dead link)

Also, here's a link to Weitzman's Hyperplane Theory referenced in the
article.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/weitzman/files/economicsproofseparating.pdf

In some ways Bill Macready and Mohammed El-Beltagy (cc'd) were trying to
build a version of Weitzman's Hyperplane for economic allocation with
BiosGroup's Prowess Software 20 years ago extending price only auctions to
the hyperplanes of price, time, quality and other multidimensional metrics.

Mohammed and I have been talking off list these last couple months of the
same points as the article that modern corporations and governments were
some fo the first AIs that we're struggling to understand proper governance
and how the challenge of what AI governance may look like.

-Stephen

stephen.gue...@simtable.com <stephen.gue...@simtable.com>
CEO, https://www.simtable.com <http://www.simtable.com/>
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam