-------- Original message --------From: Frank Wimberly <wimber...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/5/24  2:34 AM  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity
Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Why the Mystery of
Consciousness Is Deeper Than We Thought But they (AI) won't have consciousness
as I, and presumably you, experience it.  I have long argued that a
reductionist explanation of that consciousness is not possible.  Does that mean
I accept a religious explanation?  Not consciously.---Frank C. Wimberly140
Calle Ojo Feliz, Santa Fe, NM 87505505 670-9918Santa Fe, NMOn Thu, Jul 4, 2024,
5:26 PM Jochen Fromm <j...@cas-group.net> wrote:I don't get Philip Goff: first
we send our children 20 years to school, from Kindergarten to college and
university, to teach them all kinds of languages, and then we wonder how they
can be conscious. It will be the same for AI: first we spend millions and
millions to train them all available knowledge, and then we wonder how they can
develop understanding of language and
consciousness...https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-mystery-of-consciousness-is-deeper-than-we-thought/-J.-.
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam