Am 01.06.2016 um 04:56 schrieb oldk1331:
> Yes, you are right, I've fixed symFunc to match its description.
>
> The next problem is to fix TANEXP accordingly, which I'll do
> later.  But now is the problem of document it:
>
> Take tanPIa for example, tanPIa returns a FRAC SUPR,
> which has this property:
>
> tan(n*x)=tanPIa(n)(tan x)
>
> tanNa is a wrapper of tanPIa, you can try 'tanNa(tan x, 5)'
> in interpreter.
>
> aka, tanPIa expands tan(n*x) into a fraction of polynomial
> of tan(x), strangely, I can't find a webpage describing the
> algorithm used in fricas, I can only find a recursive algorithm.
> (although I didn't spend much time googling it)

It's probably this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trigonometric_identities#Tangents_of_sums

There is a reference [15]:

Bronstein, Manuel (1989). "Simplification of real elementary functions".
In G. H. Gonnet (ed.). Proceedings of the ACM-SIGSAM 1989 International
Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation. ISSAC'89 (Portland
US-OR, 1989-07). New York: ACM. pp. 207–211. doi:10.1145/74540.74566.
ISBN 0-89791-325-6.