On Friday, 10 February 2017 21:50:18 UTC+1, Bill Page wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> Thanks for tracking.  I am sorry that I have not been doing such a
> good job of pushing changes to github. The specific problems that you
> see are the result of some experimentation. Things are still in a
> state of fairly rapid evolution and I should have something new later
> today, time permitting.

Not at all. I use github likewise ;)

> As you noticed I have been experimenting with
> different term orderings as I try to enrich the set of rewrite rules.
> As might be expected I have found a few cases that result in
> non-termination and have been looking for inspiration in the
> literature.

Yes, still a popular and difficult topic

> Of course there are many other and newer papers on this subject but I
> have yet to find one that is a good match for what I am trying to do
> right now. If you have any suggestions that would be great.

My first source usually is: http://www21.in.tum.de/~nipkow/pubs/

and my zotero entries on the subject are:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~nachum/papers/termination.pdf (even older)
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/lehre/rbs/texte/Klop-TR.pdf
https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~ara/papers/vh05tocl.pdf

But my knowledge on the subject beyond Knuth-Bendixon, Buchberger etc. is
rather limited.
Please let me know when it's forged ahead.
Kurt