Kurt,

I just push a bunch of changes to

https://github.com/billpage/fricas/tree/symbolic-expressions

I have added your testsuite as src/input/sexpr2.input (with a few
minor changes).  Currently all tests pass but of course this is still
very preliminary. Now that you have set this up for me probably what I
should do is start expanding the tests significantly.  The 'assert'
operations that are evaluated when a new Symbolic domain is
instantiated cover the basic functionality of individual rewrite rules
but one should still expect many possible interactions.

One note: I integrated some verbose output with the

  )set message testing on

option. This has proven quite useful for debugging. But I am not quite
sure how the 'testing' option is really intended to be used with
FriCAS.

I also need to take stock of where this is at so far and more clearly
define where it should go.  As usual I would be very happy to receive
suggestions and questions.

Thanks.

Bill Page.