On 03/14/2017 08:47 PM, Kurt Pagani wrote:
> Am 14.03.2017 um 09:23 schrieb Ralf Hemmecke:
>> Kurt, I'd be happy to work together with you on this .htex-->.rst.
> Great!

I'd be even more happy to make .rst the original and then use available
tools to translate to .tex and other formats. Eventually, I like to get
rid of HyperDoc.

There are only 2 things that I find interesting in HyperDoc.

1) Compiling a new .spad file immediately makes the ++ docstrings
available in HyperDoc.

2) One can find out where a certain function is actually implemented.

Anyway, translating The Book into .rst should be orthogonal to this
hyperdoc business.

>> I suspect that I could learn quite a bit from you.
> I doubt it ;)

We'll see.

> I'm still analyzing
> https://github.com/hemmecke/fricas/blob/mathjax/src/doc/ht.awk

Maybe helpful, but that is not enough, I'm afraid.
First, that produces something for HyperDoc, and if I am not completely
wrong, then it misses some lines that were not important for the
HyperDoc version. Eventually, the generated .tex files should be the
source from which to translate into .rst. The LaTeX in there is quite
simple, but one has to figure out all \commands and treat some of their
arguments in a special way.

It'll be probably some work to parse all the TeX \commands and their
arguments and produce a respective .rst form.

I have, however no idea, how the generated .ps files can make it into
the .rst file.

Ralf