[Replying privately as not totally thought through]

Proposal sounds like its ok, but does it deal with package imports,
especially for things like map and reduce operations?

To be a bit more specific my plan for aldor is to
1) introduce 'import from F', where F is a domain or package constructor.
2) drop the requirement for function return types to be specified.

Peter