Found the call to UNTRACE-2
Overall examining make.lst is pretty depressing.  If nobody is going to fix (or explain) this then I will try  another lisp.
Of course,

-----
Fricas 1.3.4

sbcl 1.4.5

--------
src/interp/slam.clisp:                     ((EQUAL |map| |x|) (IDENTITY (/UNTRACE-2 |sub| NIL)))))))
Context:

clearCache x ==
  get(x,'localModemap,$e) or get(x,'mapBody,$e) =>
    for [map,:sub] in $mapSubNameAlist repeat
      map=x => _/UNTRACE_-2(sub,NIL)
    $e:= putHist(x,'localModemap,nil,$e)
    $e:= putHist(x,'mapBody,nil,$e)
    $e:= putHist(x,'localVars,nil,$e)
    sayKeyedMsg("S2IX0007",[x])

It would seem that whatever decides to compile functions missed this call.
Other uncompiled functions from make.lst

; compilation unit finished
;   Undefined functions:
;     /UNTRACE-2 COPY EQSUBSTLIST GENVAR HKEYS INTERNL LASSOC LIST2REFVEC MKQ |NRTisRecurrenceRelation| SETDIFFERENCE STRINGIMAGE |bright| |compQuietly| |eval| |get| |keyedSystemError| |makeInternalMapMinivectorName| |mkAuxiliaryName| |mkCacheName| |pp| |put| |putHist| |sayBrightlyI| |sayKeyedMsg| |startTimingProcess| |stopTimingProcess| |substitute| |throwKeyedMsg| |timedOptimization|
;   Undefined variables:
;     |$InteractiveMode| |$TriangleVariableList| |$cacheAlist| |$cacheCount| |$compileRecurrence| |$compiledOpNameList| |$compilingInputFile| |$e| |$failed| |$functorDependencyAlist| |$mapSubNameAlist| |$minivector| |$minivectorCode| |$minivectorNames| |$reportCompilation|
;   caught 19 WARNING conditions
;   caught 46 STYLE-WARNING conditions
;   printed 3 notes

Ray