On 09/17/2018 02:21 AM, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
Hi Konrad,

First of all, thanks to all who worked on
https://github.com/billpage/ncpoly. It's always nice to see new research
entering FriCAS.

I admit that I haven't followed the fdalg discussion very deeply, but
reading your documentation is not very helpful.

What is the audience for
https://github.com/billpage/ncpoly/blob/master/fdalg_20180907.pdf ?

Is Section 2 really relevant if I just want to compute with elements in
a free field? Wouldn't I just want to construct some (non-commutative)
polynomials and then "divide" them similar to the commutative case. I
would think that as a user I first must learn how to get the basic
things done before going into detail of how it is implemented.

Why not starting with "Let f be the non-commutative polynomial x -
x*y*x. In the following we compute its inverse f^(-1)." And then you
demonstrate how this can be done and explain how the different parts of
the output are to be interpreted.

Furthermore, I haven't seen that you ever specified that you write a dot
instead of 0 in your matrices.

The example f=(x-xyx)^(-1) (on page 2) it would certainly be helpful, if
you explained how one constructs the entries of A.
At the beginning of page 4 I then read "g_11 : FDA := x+x*y*x". Why now
+ instead of the - in f?

Only a few naive comments...

Ralf