> I don't think there are many "corner cases" get improved in
> HyperDoc in the past 20 years?  Probably because it doesn't
> attract many users, thus fewer developers.

One of the reasons why I would like to get rid of HyperDoc is that it is
legacy software that hinders us to go on more freely.

If you are unaware of it ... HyperDoc contains a full copy of the FriCAS
book (https://fricas.github.io/book.pdf). And basically the same
information as is now at http://fricas.github.io/api/.

The language for HyperDoc is called HyperTeX and is a small subset of
TeX, with some extensions for creations of menus etc. Most of the
sources for the Book is in .htex file. They are basically LaTeX files
that can easily be translated to the .ht (hypertex) format. But these
.htex files must follow a simple structure, because they are modified by
simple looking awk scripts.
Actually the book doesn't bother me too much, but I would really like to
agree on a better format for the ++ docstrings. Who really knows how
formatting is to be done for ++ docstrings? I cannot make
http://fricas.github.io/api looking much better. It's not a question of
"the API stuff needs online access", because if we would agree, we could
also distribute that information for local access on the users computer,
easily accessible with an ordinary browser.

The only thing (in my eyes) that HyperDoc can do and
http://fricas.github.io/api does not provide, is showing "which
domain/package/category implements a certain function". Admittedly, that
is a very useful feature, but that should/could rather be available from
the FriCAS command line. I actually don't like to start an X programm
(HyperDoc) only to find out about which domain implements some function.

If this feature is provided in another way, then we could slowly let
HyperDoc rest in peace.

Ralf