On 03.05.2021 18:09, Bill Page wrote:
> If it is necessary to consider alternatives, then I think one other approach
> would be to export a function that sets a "presentation" property on a Symbol
> and then make use of that property (if it exists) and if the flag is set in
> FormatMathJax. The benefit then might be that a formatter would have a choice
> as
> to whether to use the presentation property string or not.

Do you think of something like setProperty/display in BOP?
https://fricas.github.io/api/BasicOperator.html
Or have I completely misread your suggestion?

I've been using the those methods for some time, e.g.
f:=operator 'f
display(f,o+->F)
f [x,y,z] -> F
properties f -> table(%display = NONE)

in order to suppress the arguments (enhancing readibility of large formulas),
however, it's not exatly brilliant :( - you'll notice that as soon as you need
derivatives.

@Waldek
> it is not something
> localized but in principle has very wide scope.

Admitted, however, what's wrong with this? It concerns MathJax only, and a
sin(a) remains as is unless you define another representation for "a" - strictly
speaking, it's more like a substitution.