On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 04:29:48PM +0100, Grégory Vanuxem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In fact I think this is the well known SBCL message: « heap is exhausted,
> augment dynamic space size » or something like that.

Hmm, you should not see this on so small computation.  SBCL uses
SIGSEGV to determine if pages are modified or not.  If you run
sbcl via gdb you should see a lot of SIGSEGV-s which in C program
would mean crash, but are normal in sbcl.

You write that you can run when you give 8G to sbcl.  I would be
_very_ suspicious of such a solution.  Simply, I saw too many
programs that were horribly broken, yet under light tests
appeared to work correctly.  One possiblity is that having 8G
you did not manage to trigger sbcl garbage collection (or maybe
major collection since sbcl collector is generational).