On 5/4/24 15:30, Grégory Vanuxem wrote:
As a matter of fact, use of FLINT in FriCAS:

My experience with FLINT is that is uses dense representation
for univariate polynomial.

That representation makes it fast for multiplication (when polynomials
are dense).

But I think very spare polynomial will choke it, for example

(x^10000000+1)^n  (for n is some small integer).

====

So for FriCAS, lacking a dense representation makes it
performs very bad at certain tasks (for example, multiplication).

The karatsuba method implemented in
UnivariatePolynomialMultiplicationPackage is not working
at all because of the spare representation we have.

- Qian