On Sat, May 04, 2024 at 09:30:51AM +0200, Grégory Vanuxem wrote:
> As a matter of fact, use of FLINT in FriCAS:
>
> (21) -> x:=x::NUP(NINT,"x")
>
>    (21)  x
>                                 Type:
> NemoUnivariatePolynomial(NemoInteger,x)
>                                                                   Time: 0
> sec
> (22) -> p:=2*x+2*x^5+13*x^9
>
>    (22)  13*x^9 + 2*x^5 + 2*x
>                                 Type:
> NemoUnivariatePolynomial(NemoInteger,x)
>                                                                   Time: 0
> sec
> (23) -> p:=p^5;
>
>                                 Type:
> NemoUnivariatePolynomial(NemoInteger,x)
>                                                                   Time: 0
> sec
> (24) -> degree(p^750)
>
>    (24)  33750
>                                                         Type:
> PositiveInteger
>                                                    Time: 0.09 (EV) = 0.09
> sec
> (25) -> degree(p^750)
>
>    (25)  33750
>                                                         Type:
> PositiveInteger
>                                                    Time: 0.06 (EV) = 0.06
> sec

Hmm, I wonder what you are computing here.  Could you give result
(time and resulting number) for

reduce(_+, map(length, coefficients(p^750)))

assuming that 'length' and 'coefficients' are available for Nemo
integeres/polynomials.  Also, I wonder if you can monitor actual CPU time
for this computation.  I mean, if computation is delegated to a separate
process then FriCAS will not know about time spent in another process
and just report interface time.  And one can split such computation
into multiple cores, that reduces real time (if you have enough
cores).

Also, is this time for multiplication or for powering?  For
example, what happens if you do:

p5_f750 := p^750;

pp := p5_f750*p5_f750;