On 5/29/24 11:24, Qian Yun wrote:
Do you think this is a problem that needs to be fixed before commit?

If I had something to say, I would like to solve that problem once and for all. Would it be too hard to synchronize the writeout of files by a temporary file on hard disk (or some cheaper option if possible)?

I could also imagine another solution.
If I am not wrong then these truncated files come from .htex files.
So, the respective .input files that are fed to fricas are generated.
We simply add two lines to these files, one at the beginning, and one at the end something like

-- %%% BEGIN %%%

and then check the generated file for existence of these lines. If they are not there, then the .input file has to be sent again through fricas. That has the chance of looping forever. But is probability of an infinite loop higher or lower than what we have now?

I especially do not like that the beginning or end of the file can be truncated at a place that does not lead to a LaTeX error. (I know that this can also already happen on "master", but we should do something about it.)

So the book would be incomplete, but that would only be recognized if someone actually reads the book and figures out that something is missing. However, the book will most probably only be read by newcomers that cannot be expected to see that something is (wrongly) missing.

Opinions?

Ralf