On Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at 01:15:02PM +0200, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> On 6/22/24 23:54, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
>
> > So you are replacing seqence of definitions by single function.  At
> > first glance that looks good (I did not check how it looks in generated
> > book).
>
> The output is as before, but the many red lines on pages 593pp
> are no longer there, because no recompilation happens.
>
> https://fricas.github.io/book.pdf
>
> So, agreed to include that change to section 9.48.1?

Yes.

I have small comments to other parts.  On page 1 in section
Authors we should add Qian Yun.  The 'update list of required latex
packages' commit leaves 'mleftright' in INSTALL (IIUC it is no
longer needed).

> I have now reordered the commits so that commits-to-be-squashed
> are together.
>
> https://github.com/hemmecke/fricas/commits/new-ps-book-rhx
>
> R remove unused \hfil from util.ht
> Q docfix
> P shorten too verbose output in section "ugDomainsExamples"
> O rewrite LODO section of the book
> N fix for better line breaking with breqn
> M update list of required latex packages
> L update list of required latex packages
> K adjust/reduce space of fricas output
> J reduce vertical space before TexOutput and \formatResultType
> I AlgebraOutput and MessageOutput without space above and below
> H fix display issue of "output" in book section 6.19
> G split target stamp-book-viewports
> F fix use of pdflatex
> E support build with pdflatex
> D fix chapter 14 "Browse"
> C generate book.pdf with postscript files
> B generate book with ps image
> A docfix for HT ug00
>
> I suggest to squash B-C, E-F-G, I-J-K, L-M, and maybe
> O-P under "revise book sections"
> or O-P-Q-R under "various doc improvements" (actually also A can go there)
>
> What is the preference?

I think that O-P-Q-R-A as a single commit is good.  Definitely
E-F-G in a single part and B-C in its part.  And I would bundle
L-M with change that made 'mleftright' unnecessary.

> Is it necessary to add a ChangeLog entry for each of the separate commits
> (after squashing)? I certainly do one where there is work of both Qian and
> me.

No.  I normally do not add ChangeLog entries for pure documentation/comment
changes.  So add entries when you feel they are needed.