On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 14:06 +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> >> The company says it will fix the "bug" soon. In the meantime you can
> > work >around it by adding:
> >> # Block access to ZoneLabs Server
> >> 127.0.0.1 zonelabs.com
> >> to your Windows host file.

>   2)  You aren't the first person in the world to mistake the loopback
> interface for a routable address, but you do look just as dumb as everyone
> else who's ever done it down the annals of history.

You might want to remove your foot from your own mouth. The loopback
thing is a workaround by which the host that it is trying to resolve is
entered in the hosts file of the system, having the effect that the
application tries to connect to the loopback adapter instead of
connecting to the Internet.

Don't know about you, but that works very well for me in regards to
blocking advertising in a browser.

You might want to think yourself before assailing other posters
verbally. But frankly, I don't care since your email just qualified you
for my plonker list.

Cheers,
Frank

PS: zonelabs.com resolves to 208.185.174.44 in case you're still
wondering about an IP address.

PPS: Of course that's not proof of anything. Packet traces would be
preferred, but I'd think anyone with Zone Alarm could probably gather
those easily.

(...Why do I even care...)
against your ports.