Nate,
    Your email was constructive and much appreciated. We'll go over
the review a second time and incorporate some of your suggestions.
Thank you for taking the time to provide so much good feedback.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 02:07:50 -0500 Nate McFeters
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>almost all
>> software vulnerabilities are the result of user input that is
>not properly
>> sanitized or validated. A format string condition occurs when a
>user inserts
>> a format token into a C based application and that input is not
>properly
>> sanitized. Hence why it is called a format string vulnerability.
>When that
>> input hits a function that performs formatting, such as printf()
>the input
>> is interpreted in accordance with the format tokens. Sometimes
>this can be
>> used to write arbitrary data to arbitrary memory locations. The
>EIP isn't
>> the only valuable memory location.
>>

>> If you've managed to get this far, then you've survived reading
>Michael's
>> answers to our questions. We're not going to spend much more
>time writing
>> this review because by now we've formed our opinion. We did take
>a quick
>> look at the PlanNetGroup's website and as with their people, we
>were not the
>> least bit impressed.
>>
>> Our opinion of the PlanNetGroup is that they'd have a hard time
>hacking
>> their way out of a wet paper bag. Their security expert is not
>an expert by
>> our standards, as he did not properly answer any of our
>questions or help to
>> define any of their services. We're pretty sure that the
>PlanNetGroup could
>> run nessus and offer basic vulnerability assessment services.
>We're also
>> pretty sure that they could offer IT services at some level. But
>we'd hardly
>> call them subject matter experts and wouldn't recommend their
>services to
>> anyone.
>>
>> If you are using the PlanNetGroup services and feel that we have
>not given
>> them a fair review then please comment on this post. We will
>consider your
>> comments. We have to say that Jim and Michael were both very
>polite,
>> friendly, and respectful, but we can't let their kind nature
>impact our
>> opinion of their service delivery capabilities. We think that
>they should
>> sit down and try to define their services properly. We also
>think that they
>> should hire an ethical hacker with real world experience if they
>intend to
>> protect anyone.
>>
>> Score Card (Click to Enlarge)
>>

><http://bp2.blogger.com/_VcwqM25xL9M/R5PxN8GqVTI/AAAAAAAAACU/D7T4RS
>QlSXs/s1600-h/96YV5X.jpeg>
>>
>> --
>> Posted By secreview to Professional IT Security Providers -

Regards,
      The Secreview Team
      http://secreview.blogspot.com

--
Love Graphic Design? Find a school near you. Click Now.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fQlBYaiWpFnhi7pQK25eSsGhZHGXMnUnkrTsYbFDu13WWSE/