Hello Erik

On 10.04.2013 17:16, Erik Falor wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:44:22AM +0100, Peter W-S wrote:
Is it really necessary to spam the list with a separate email for every issue
you want to report? Perhaps one email a week with a link to the full report
would suffice?

It is necessary.

Waiting a week for a batched email to find out my software has
vulnerabilities is not acceptable just because some people insist on
reading email on their telephone.

If you are using Mandriva, then you could and should subscribe directly to the announce or security mailing list there.

I really prefer the step e.g. Ubuntu (and also some other Linux distribution I do not remember) have taken about 2 years ago. They stopped sending out their security announces to Bugtraq and Full-Disclosure. I would be happy if other distributions or projects, with such high volume of announces, would do the same.

bye
Fabian