Hullo!

If you fish on Georges Bank or Browns Bank, or anywhere in the Gulf of Maine; if you're working on coastal issues in the estuaries from Cape Cod around to Yarmouth; if you're interested in offshore oil and gas and the Georges Bank moratorium; if you're involved in *any* marine issues in the Gulf of Maine -- GOMMI needs your help. GOMMI is the 'Gulf of Maine Mapping Initiative', and its goal is to map the Gulf's sea floor, from the intertidal zone to the upper continental slope.

GOMMI began as a result of the Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment's 2001 Gulf of Maine Marine Habitat Characterization and Mapping Workshop, sponsored by NOAA.

Now, GOMMI's steering committee needs *your* input on where and how GOMMI should focus its efforts. Please help - tell us what areas are most interesting and important to you or your co-workers.

Just click on this link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=66692528236

And you'll find a short survey -- it should only take 10-15 minutes to fill out. The steering committee thanks you! (They are: Thomas Noji, NOAA Fisheries; Susan Snow-Cotter, Ma. Coastal Zone Management; Brian Todd, Geological Services of Canada; and Page Valentine, US Geological Survey).

Please ... take a few minutes to do it now!

Best regards,
Joanne Cook
CEF Consultants Ltd.

P.S. The survey URL may look a little odd, but it is entirely legitimate; we are using a web-based survey tool called Survey Monkey.
P.P.S. My apologies if some of you see this more than once; I'm also sending it to Fishfolk, FundyForum, and several other email lists. GOMMI wants as broad a sampling of people as possible, so we're ranging quite widely.
--
Joanne Cook, Communications/Consultations Manager (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) CEF Consultants Ltd., Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: providing environmental and fisheries planning, impact assessments, and public consultation services since 1983. Partner, Champlain Institute. 1-902-425-4802 (voice); 1-902-425-4807 (fax).