On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:44:11AM +1200, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
> The problem is (the collective) "us" -- humans as a group are far too
> stupid to sensibly decide anything terribly important and as a result
> we will exterminate ourselves long before evolution has a chance to
> help us or our normally expected evolutionary derivatives.

This does seem likely, thanks to the lesser members of the species
who cling to their primitive superstitions and deride fact-based
reasoning as "liberally biased".  It seems the only remaining question
is how our niche in the ecosystem will be occupied: my money's on
the wolves, but I'll admit that's somewhat a sentimental pick.

---Rsk