Sending this for Dave, who recently subscribed, but isn't yet able to post:
---

Mike,

Let me address your concerns. We are NOT creating new malware nor are we
showing others how to create malware. We are allowing our customers to get
firsthand experience with existing malware and malware tools to educate them on
what it is that is out in the wild hunting them and their users. This will be
done in a secure environment with no connectivity. No one will be allowed
removable media or storage devices. All malware and associated toolkits that we
are using are currently detected and protected against.

Again, we are not teaching coding or teaching people how to write malware nor
would we ever. We are allowing them to interact and experience malware in a
controlled environment to get a better understanding of what we are protecting
them and their users from.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Dave

Dave Marcus
Director, Security Research and Communications
McAfee Avert Labs
443.321.3771 Direct
443.668.0048 Mobile
Twitter: DaveMarcus