Neal's code is neat and pretty, but chapter and verse is no substitute
for open code and side by side checks. A LOT of his output bears a
strong resemblence to edge detection (really, look for high frequency
signal, it'll show up in every test).

I want to be clear, I have no doubt whatsoever that he's using the
techniques as described. I also dont doubt the fundamental thesis that
some manipulation can be detected (especially in a trivial case like
'was this image downsized' or 'was this saved by Photoshop instead of
a Canon camera', which is obvious from quantization tables if not from
the raw EXIF). But some of these techniques feel a little interpret-y.
More samples would be great.