> Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:12:56 -0400
> From: Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com>
>
> What happens when the US government comes-a-knocking, desiring to
> manipulate data while claiming some sort of purview under the gestapo
> legislation known as the PATRIOT Act (or <insert legislation name
> here>)?

that's already happening.  on a wide scale.  every day.

i did not let slip the dogs of war on this matter, in fact, i'm joining late.

> The hooks provided by the ISC and used by the domain operator will
> facilitate the DNS subversion nicely. Put another way, the ISC proposal
> has just made it easier for US government abuses, and abuses which can
> effect not only US citizens, but citizens of other countries.

i think the govvies have better quality tools than this one, and that we'll
very rarely see a standardized mechanism like this used for government
intrusion into individual privacy and liberty.

> Perhaps the ISC should also divest DNS interests from the US so that more
> dns operators, immune from US control, are available to the community.

depending on what the above turns out to mean, i might ask if you're insane.