The flooding of New York City was, once again, an example of known threats not
being addressed.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2012/11/defending-new-york-floods

It would have been too expensive to do anything about the issues.  (Flood costs
currently $50B and rising as more damage found.)

Of course, nobody could have predicted Sandy, because this was a storm produced
by changing conditions.  Brought on by global warming/climate change.  Which is
another issue that is too expensive to address ...

(Why do I have this old oil filter ad tagline running through my head?  "You
can
pay me now ... or pay me later ...")

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rsl...@vcn.bc.ca     sl...@victoria.tc.ca     rsl...@computercrime.org
                   Verba volant, scripta manent
         Spoken words fly away, while written words stay on
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade