On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:27 PM, "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)"
<michael.blanch...@emc.com> wrote:

> Oh but the nobel prize has always been given to those that deserve it, just
> like Obama getting the peace prize...

I think both you and Jeffrey need to be reminded, or informed, that "the" Nobel
prize is two different things. There's the Nobel prize for science and
litterature, determined by several committees in Sweden. Then there's the Nobel
Peace prize, given out by a committee in Norway, with a totally independent
mandate.

I think we can all agree that handing out the peace prize is an almost
impossible task to do well. But even then, the Peace Prize committee has
bungled it often, well beyond what's to be excused. Not so much in the case of
Obama, but Arafat really, um, takes the prize. The recognized leader of one of
the largest and most violent terrorist organizations... really...

If we could only revitalize old Alfred and ask him to change that part about
the Peace Prize, I'm sure a lot of people would jump at the opportunity.