"And it's not the first time. USA Today reports that, according to the
Washington Post, a woman flying out of Phoenix in February that her
D.C. driver's license was not acceptable, and asked her to show a
passport. She was also allowed to board after asking to speak to a
supervisor."

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=fc479042-6939-47a7-b4d9-9624ad70daf2

'Murica!

*sigh*

- - ferg

On 7/17/2014 8:47 PM, valdis.kletni...@vt.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:23:37 -0400, Bill Terwilliger said:
>
>> The comment about smart people being involved is a bit
>> presumptive. Geography knowledge may or may not be an indicator
>> of intelligence but I somehow doubt that lack of it is an
>> indicator of stupidity.
>
> OK. I admit *I* don't know what a DC driver's license looks like
> either.
>
> But give me a *break*:
>
> When Gray handed the man his driver's license the agent demanded to
> see Gray's passport. Gray told the agent he wasn't carrying his
> passport and asked why he needed it. The agent said he didn't
> recognize the license. Gray said he asked the agent if he knew what
> the District of Columbia is, and after a brief conversation Gray
> realized the man did not know.
>
> OK?  The TSA guy *did not understand that DC is part of the US*.
>
> Which means the TSA's vetting process for employees is so weak that
> they'll hire *people who don't know where the fuck the capital of
> their own country is*.
>
> Now think *real* hard - would *you* hire a security guard who
> didn't even understand that Washington DC is our nation's capital?

- --
Paul Ferguson
VP Threat Intelligence, IID
PGP Public Key ID: 0x54DC85B2
Key fingerprint: 19EC 2945 FEE8 D6C8 58A1 CE53 2896 AC75 54DC 85B2