Based on this paragraph, it seems that she is not worthy of passing her
background check:

“””
Barr maintains that she had been truthful throughout both interviews, and that
“there was no material fact about these organizations for me to omit.” Barr
says she was casually acquainted with two of the convicted murderers, Judith
Clark and Kuwasi Balagoon (née Donald Weems) but had no prior knowledge of
their criminal activities. Clark remains in a maximum security prison for women
in New York state, and Balagoon died in 1986 of an AIDS-related illness. (Barr
says she wrote to Balagoon occasionally while he was in prison—“it would have
been reprehensible for me to drop my correspondence with a dying person,” she
explains—and visited him once.)
“””

That seems to indicate that she knowingly had ongoing ties with a known
terrorist.   She clearly had a relationship if she was writing to them in
prison and occasionally visiting them.  And she must have had some inclination
that they were classified as terrorist if she saw something on the news about
their terrorist activities.  Her statement about having “no material fact…” is
odd to me.  Is she saying that she she didn’t have concrete evidence therefore
she wasn’t knowingly associated with terrorist?  Am I missing something else?

Based on my experience, all the OPM cares about is honesty.  If she had
admitted to the relationship during the first interview, the process likely
would have been longer and they would have dug deeper, but she almost certainly
would have passed in the end.  But when you get caught lying, no matter how
small the lie, the process abruptly ends and you [rightly] fail.

—bill