I just spent some time writing up some similar rules for this type of
situation.  Someday I'm intending to turn these into XML templates, to be
added to the rules templates in Printable, which if I ever complete, I
could try to post through the knowledge base.

The details will vary with each job, but the basic idea is that if you
have 2 (or more) fields on 1 line, with spaces between them, then you need
to write a rule to check for blank values, and add the spaces as
necessary.  Then you insert the rule in the text editor as the entire
line, and use "Suppress if empty" to remove the line if the entire rule
comes back blank.  You can add the space before or after the field,
depending on what's appropriate.

In your case, you'll have to add some more detailed checking around the
"suffix" field to determine whether it's "II", "III", anything else, or
empty, and then instead of just adding a space before the field, you would
also add a comma.

Here are some samples, hopefully this will get you started.

Paul Klingler
Variable Data Project Manager
TMR, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"NameTitle_rule" - Sample Rule for desired output of:
<title> <name>
-----
if (Field("NAME") && Field("Title"))
{   Var_Name = Field("Title") + ' ' + Field("NAME");   }
else if (Field("Title"))
{   Var_Name = Field("Title");   }
else if (Field("NAME"))
{   Var_Name = Field("NAME");   }
else
{   Var_Name = '';  }

return Var_Name;
-----

"CityStateZip_rule" - Sample Rule for desired output of:

-----
if (Field("City"))
{   Var_City = Field("City") + '  ';   }
else
{   Var_City = '';   }

if (Field("State"))
{   Var_State = Field("State") + '  ';   }
else
{   Var_State = '';   }

if (Field("Postal Code"))
{   Var_Zip = Field("Postal Code");   }
else
{   Var_Zip = '';   }

Var_CityStateZip = Var_City + Var_State + Var_Zip;
return Var_CityStateZip;
-----

--
Users of FusionPro Desktop have unlimited free email support. Contact Printable
Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
You are currently subscribed to fusionpro as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]