> Is there an alternative? Could *Business Schools* be
> reorganized to teach entrepreneurship as an ethical
> vocation?

Come now, if you are more ethical than the next guy, you lose
the competition (you pay more wage, more for environmental
protection etc.)
Managers are taught to thoroughly identify with the owners of wealth,
their aspiration is to be one of them.  Anyway, I don't think we have
enough time even if iit would work for soem obscure reason...

Eva

  I know "the market" is the destroyer of all
> human values, but managers need not *only* be passive
> carriers of the laissez-faire retro-virus.  They can *MANAGE*.
> I believe such a notion is the basis and life-long
> commitment of Peter Drucker's work, and at least some others.
>
> Why not MBAs and CPAs and LLDs (oops: JDs) as consciences
> of the marketplace (which latter, of course, is something larger
> than just "the market", for it includes social discourse
> *about* "the market" and the decisions of that collaboration
> what to *do* about "the market").
>
> \brad mccormick
>
> --
>    Mankind is not the master of all the stuff that exists, but
>    Everyman (woman, child) is a judge of the world.
>
> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
> <![%THINK;[SGML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]