> Is there not confusion within the ranks of our allegedly erudite
> economic scholars who see only increased production as solution to
> Social Problems?

This is the opinion of the scholars who want to defend
the present system, even though it is so evidently
wrong, as the last period of global boom
did not manage to raise the living standard of the poor even in the
booming countries.

> Is it not evident that since the Post-Agrarian era
> began a century ago that only a small fraction of the entire work force
> is needed to supply the entire population fully?  And with that comes
> the ancient imperative of the Social Scientist -- Work or Starve --
> "earn a living" or die.  Where are the original thinkers other than
> those within the Real Sciences, whom I also condemn for allowing the
> Social Sciences to continue to destroy us all when solution ought to be
> so obvious and easily accomplished.

What can physicists/biochemists/mathematician do (if you think they
are the Real Scientists) - they have the same limited information to form an
opinion from, than most other people. The direct producers of
industrial goods and food make up less than 20% of the population
in the relatively well-off countries. I don't know what your simple
solution is, but I know social scientists, who reckon, that sharing
out the work and the resources and stopping all the superfluous pretend-activities
would free vast creative capacities to find sustainable ways to keep
our way of living with all the sensible mod-cons.

Eva

[EMAIL PROTECTED]