Good point.  One of my favorite thought experiments is to take the assumption
that technology makes it possible for most people to have what only the rich
could afford a few (years, product cycles, generations) ago.  I was struck by
this when I visited FDR's home in Hyde Park New York and saw all the gadgets he
had to do what comes easily to us.

A corollary of this is to think about how the rich live (or lived).  Was Mr
Darcy (hero of Pride and Prejudice) remorseful because he didn't have job
satisfaction ?

I am also leary of arguments about man's nature.  They often turn out to be
justifications for policy.  For example, until Hoover died, blacks just didn't
seem to be able to perform as FBI agents and everyone knows that women are
obviously too frail to vote..

Bring on the robots. Maybe they can do my taxes (say what about a tax program ?)

Marc Sobel