>You have the contradiction in your own paragraph:
>"as just as possible" vs "best possible way"

I can't see contradiction. The two have large
overlapping section.

I think I'd be most upset if I were of your crew;
they are NOT stupid, if it WERE the question of
life or death, they would have made the same choice
as you.
With hindsight you are aware a larger set of data i.e.
you know how long the gas actually lasted.
You behaved like a stingy employer, you should have
taken more gas. You lost weight, had an interesting
experience, the democratic choice was a good one.

Jay, I hate to be personal, but you'd brough up this
example, and it demonstrates that you count yourself
as apart from the rest of us, The Good and Benevolent
Leader With the Only Correct Solutions...
... and as often happens to such people - you are wrong!

Eva

--
****** Beispiel-Signatur ******