Thanx for the posting.

Angel's papers represent a different view.  One that is important to
understand.  We are trying to have Ian Angell as a guest on the FW list.
Mike Gurstein is in contact with Angell.  Stay tuned.  If it happens it is
likely to be soon and it is likely to LIVELY.

In the meantime why not review some of Angell's articles?  They are
compelling in their directness and frankness.  No weasel words here.

arthur cordell
================================

I thought some might be interested in this comment on Angell Dust:

 Hi Caspar,

 some background information on Professor Ian O. Angell:

 1) A very short bio with picture:

 http://www.lse.ac.uk/experts/information/angelli.htm

 2) A list of papers:

 http://www.csrc.lse.ac.uk/Academic_Papers/List_of_Papers.htm

 The second article on that list appears to be an older version of the
paper
 that you sent me a copy of.

 From reading some of his stuff i think that he is serious as far as the
 facts and trends are concerned that he comments on. I suspect that he does
 what Jonathan Swift did, namely speak out the usually unspoken in order to
 help us be/become aware of the moral questions we will have to face in the
 context of technological and social development (perhaps hoping we
will make
 moral decisions that balance the "raw" evolution that he defines in
terms of
 power). I think someone like him, who is willing to think things
through, is
 doing us a great service. A "side thought": there is a book (i have
 forgotten who the author is) called "A Criminal History of the World" - in
 it the author says, like Angell in one of his papers, that our view of
 criminality is misguided and thus leads to ineffective action...

 I relish living in this present time where i have access to seemingly
 limitless information (i am not sure that this bounty will always be there
 for me), and i am, like Angell, Theobald, and others, convinced that the
 kinds and magnitude of the changes we are already beginning to see will be
 psychologically unmanageable for many, perhaps most people, presently
alive...

 All the best: Hendrik

***** END of FORWARDED MESSAGE *****

Caspar Davis
Victoria, B.C., Canada

A wall of infinite dimension stands before the course of human evolution.
It is the finitude of the earth and its resources.

 --Steve Morningthunder