Thomas:

One of things I have always like about Galbraith is that he accepts that the
poor are entitled and deserve some joy and comfort and security in their
lives. Something which the majority of the moderate and overly affluent want
to deny.  It is as if poorness is not enough, a little suffering is good for
the soul, especially if it someone elses suffering.

You know, being poor is not so bad, and most of us who experience it find
ways to still enjoy our lives.  However, it is the constant pressure from
those more fortunate that somehow if we have sex, go to a movie, have a
picnic in the park we are violating our status in life.  Give us a basic
income and get off our back, I think would be endorsed by the majority of
the poor.  Allow us to have dreams for our children and we will live
modestly.

Respectfully,

Thomas Lunde

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@dijkstra.uwaterloo.ca