>  Is a simpler life style (snip) of lesser quality?
>> Central to this oikonimos is our use of money.
>> [full quote below]

Let me see if I have this right:  Because of the structure lent to the
system by the presence and use of money, each act of an individual is
is commoditized and becomes a transaction that either enriches or
impoverishes him.  So for the individual, the system has two
agressive attractors at the extrema of the financial scale.

Is that right?

In the overall capitalist system, the one in which individuals are the
components, there seems to be an attractor to a region of phase space
where a few individuals (of which many are corporations) have vast
financial assets and most have approximately nil.  It has been said
that this is the natural course of capitalism.

Has anyone proposed a phase space model of capitalist economy that
that represents money in a way that that would let us test the effect
of removing money or removing one or more of the purely financial
components on the distribution of wealth?

Brian Arthur's work on positive feedback in the economy is now going
on 10 years old.  Has he or anyone else pushed this approach further,
beyond the narrow cases that he describes?  (I regret that I'm not
keeping up -- it's been 4 years since I've been able to spend a whole
day in a first class bookstore.)

- Mike

--
Michael Spencer              Nova Scotia, Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]