A HEALTHY FAMILY IS KEY TO  CRIME  REDUCTION

Letter to the Editor
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE                        February 1, 2000
Fax: 415-543-7708
San Francisco, California

Dear Editor:

I was taken totally aback with your January 26, 2000 article “State
Crime Drops 15% in 9 Months.” My comments reflect a background in
Technocracy Inc., a scientific, educational-research organization.

 The article’s last statement is by Attorney General Bill Lockyer: “The
best early intervention system we have is a healthy family.” The
article  went into various phases of the reason that the crime rate is
being reduced but was totally void of any consideration of a healthy
family.

The article quoted Lockyer: “In my 20 years in the Legislature, I voted
for more that 2,000 additional years of penalties.” The article then
went on to explain the help Lockyer’s department will be giving to local
law enforcement, the result of which is calculated to be many more
additional years of penalties.

>From a Technocracy point of view, despite the huge drop in crime, the
crime problem is not being solved. Furthermore Technocracy contends that
because no attention –  or at its best, small attention  –  is focused
on a “healthy family,” it truthfully cannot be solved. Additional
penalties
provide a temporary state but it’s an illusion as far as a solution to
the crime problem is concerned.

Establishing healthy family relationships on a large scale today is
inconceivable. This is so because of the very nature of our
socioeconomic structure, our “Price System.”

Technocracy proposes a total revamping of society. With the overhauling
of society in this manner, society will see real healthy family
relationships established. Consequently, the crime problem will almost
cease.

For one to make a study of Technocracy’s proposal,  literature is
readily available. Those who take the time to make such a study will be
exhilarated to learn that North America has within its grasp the
possibility of ushering in a social structure that will be the greatest
humankind has ever known.

Sincerely,

John A. Taube