Don't push your luck.

You have declared that you have no interest in the matter because it is 40
years old. And you think I will now spend time on it with you?

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Pollard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Futurework] with friends & gov't like these, who needs
al-Qaeda?

Lawry,

I don't post propaganda. In fact I probably post more
evidence and factual stuff than anyone on the list - often
taking great care and much time to deal with actual
propaganda, or one line certainties.

When I googled and found a site I scanned what was there
and it seemed to me that the attack was a genuine error.
You haven't answered the three questions that occurred to
me after your letter accused me (practically) of being an
Israeli propagandist.

"What is your agenda?" You said.

Ahah! You've found me out.

Yet, you are still at it with this latest post.

I went back to that site - the "hard-core Israeli"
propaganda site.

You pushed me a bit too hard. Here's something.

" The tragic Israeli attack on the USS Liberty on June 8,
1967, has provoked a great deal of controversy and
longstanding anger among surviving members of the crew.

Though residual anger and suspicions remain, the incident
was the subject of ten U.S. investigations and three more
by Israel. In the American case, the full weight of the
U.S. government was behind the investigations, which had
access to all the relevant information. Though some
accusations have been made suggesting the reports sought to
hide facts or protect Israel, no credible evidence for
these charges has
been produced. Moreover, if the investigatory bodies had a
bias, it was far more likely to be against Israel.

Here is a summary of the investigations and their
conclusions:"

Then follows a listing with conclusions of the thirteen
investigations. None of them involves the Israelis in more
than an incompetency.

Anyone can see this at the "hard-core Israeli" site:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/liberty
.html

It's by Dr. Mitchell Bard - obviously by his job a
"hard-core" Israeli. Perhaps his listing of investigations
is fake, or his results list  is dodgy. If I were not
relatively disinterested I might investigate further, but I
won't.

Perhaps, now, you will answer the three questions I posed.
These are simply questions that occurred to me. I'm sure
you have answers to them. They are not exactly difficult.

I'lll repeat them for the third time.

Unless the surviving crewmembers are psychic, I do not
expect them to have known the intentions of the Israelis
other than that they were trying to sink their ship. They
can certainly claim that was the objective, because it was.
But, otherwise, all they know was they were thoroughly shot
up.

If Johnson had ordered all American warships to take
station 100 miles away from the conflict, I wonder what the
Liberty was doing there. Why didn't she leave with all the
others?

What possible advantage could Israel get from the attack?
It achieved nothing, and could only cause trouble with her
only ally.

Maybe the Israelis were as incompetent - or as stupid - as
the Captain of the Liberty seemed to be as he wandered
around a war zone while the entire fleet was 100 miles
away. (Though, I wouldn't be surprised if he was obeying
silly orders.)

He was a brave man (and was decorated) but he shouldn't
have been there - it seems to me.

Anyway, stop pushing at something I'm not particularly
interested in, or I'll find the Arabs actually made the
attack with Israeli marked planes.  Ok! I'm kidding

Harry

**********************************
Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles.
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
818 352-4141
**********************************

Behalf
> Of Lawrence de Bivort
> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:26 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Futurework] with friends & gov't like
these, who
> needs al-Qaeda?
>
> Harry, I would ask that next time you don't care about
> something that you
> refrain from posting propaganda. It gives us the
impression
> that you do
> care, and we assume that therefore you brought some
thought
> to your posting.
>

> Instead, it just makes us waste our time in responding to
you.

> It also makes me wonder whether some of your other
postings
> are similar in
> intent and substance.
>
> I am speaking sharply with you because I think that all
this was
> below you.
> I value your postings and would like to see them continue
at a
> high level.
>
> Lawry

things
> I should into - the books and transcript, and documentary
> collections.
>
> But I am not particularly interested in this 40 year old
> event, but if I were I would not listen only to the
> pro-Arab input - which I suppose is anti-Israeli by
> implication.
>
> Your remarks come straight out of your pro-Arab stance -
> which is all right. I look to your contributions to get
the
> Arab point of view and am grateful for them.
>
> You told me that the URL was "hard-core pro-Israeli". So,
> Chris is hard core anti-Israeli.
>
> You are more sensibly anti-Israeli.
>
> However, I don't expect anything from you both that is
> critical of the Arabs. I do expect that you will jump on
> anything bad the Israelis do whether confirmed or
> speculative.
>
> Unless the surviving crewmembers are psychic, I do not
> expect them to have known the intentions of the Israelis
> other than that they were trying to sink their ship. They
> can certainly claim that was the objective, because it
was.

> If Johnson had ordered all American warships to take
> station 100 miles away from the conflict, I wonder what
the
> Liberty was doing there. Why didn't she leave with all
the
> others?
>
> You can answer those two points if you like. I'm sure you
> can.
>
> You ask (with a conspiratorial implication) "What is you
> agenda, Harry?"
>
> My agenda is not to bother with this thing any more. I am
> simply disinterested.
>
> Tell me about those two points - I'm sure you have
buckets
> of stuff about them to deal with my mild curiosity..
>
> Harry
>
> **********************************
> Henry George School of Social Science
> of Los Angeles.
> Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
> 818 352-4141
> **********************************

communications,
> identification
> > signs, attack sequences, etc) you can tell al lot about
> the actions of the
> > attackers, and thus about their goals, and thus their
> motives.  But you
> > must
> > know this Harry. What is your real agenda here?
> >
> > Then you follow up with two odd challenges, which seem
> simply to
> > mimic the
> > disinformation contained on the website you initially
> cut-and-pasted
> > from.
> > There was no shelling of Israeli units going on from
the
> sea. There was
> > no
> > reason for the USS Liberty to not be doing precisely
what
> she was
> > doing. She
> > was in international waters and had full right to be
> there.
> >
> > And then to assert that you don't care because it was
> forty years old
> > does
> > not ring true, either. If you are disinterested, by
> bother to make the
> > posting you did?
> >
> > Do you think that we are so ignorant of history that
you
> can post any
> > old
> > bit of nonsense and not get called on it?
> >
> > What is your agenda, Harry?

Reuss'
> > Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: [Futurework] with friends & gov't like
> these,who needs
> > al-Qaeda?
> >
> > I just googled and read the first one that came up.
> >
> > The piece brought in a number of outside contributions
> > which I haven't checked, but have simply accepted.
> >
> > The reports of the survivors offer little help as they
> > didn't know anything about why the attack was made.
> >
> > Overall, I would say the attack was indeed an accident
> > brought on in the heat of war.
> >
> > I can see no advantage to the Israelis in deliberately
> > attacking an American ship. In fact, it could only mean
> > trouble for them. The Liberty apparently didn't get the
> > messages to get out of there, which is peculiar.
> >
> > Apparently all American ships were kept 100 miles from
> the
> > conflict. Have no idea why this ship was left in harms
> way
> > or was there in the first place.
> >
> > I seem to remember that Egypt ran a blockade and
perhaps
> > the Israelis assumed this was part of that tactic.
> >
> > However, I'm not particularly interested. It happened
40
> > years ago and has disappeared into the mist of time.
> >
> > Harry
> >
> > **********************************
> > Henry George School of Social Science
> > of Los Angeles.
> > Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
> > 818 352-4141
> > **********************************

read
> > their materials and
> > > it ignores all evidence -- and there is a mountain of
> it
> > -- that the attack
> > > was deliberate. It gives the standard Israeli story
and
> > offers no new
> > > information or line of analysis, and it is based
> largely
> > on secondary
> > > sources. The site is worthless as a source of
> information
> > about what
> > > happened, though it does a good job of summarizing
the
> > Israeli
> > > arguments.
> > >
> > > Surely in your research you did more than check out
> just
> > this site?
> > > There
> > > are several books and transcripts of hearings and
> > documentary
> > > collections
> > > that you may want to look into, and a good place to
> start
> > is with the
> > > written accounts of what took place by the men who
were
> > on the USS
> > > Liberty.
> > >
> > > Cheers,