From: Darryl or Natalia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 6/25/2007 8:05 PM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM
Cc: Christoph Reuss; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Futurework] WTC was hit by a Military Jet

Arthur,

If you didn't find the YouTube video credible, it would suffice to offer that
view, perhaps explaining why. A response tantamount to, "Well, if you can
believe that, how about some swampland in Florida?" is not a contribution, nor
even a retort, worthy of someone who should be trying to encourage worthwhile
conversation on this public forum.

Belief is the foundation of all perceptions, and agnosticism is merely yet
another belief; but your belief about yourself utterly fails to explain why you
can say of me that I "believe" in the "conspiracy" theory based on faith. Many
agnostics subscribe to this theory, and they believe there is material evidence
to support their views, so what does agnosticism have to do with your position?
You have in the past, and by virtue of the way in which you poo-pooed Chris's
submission, accepted the official version of the conspiracy of muslim
terrorists having orchestrated 9-11. I specifically recall that you wrote in
your acceptance of the official version as a likelihood. But really, are you
trying to deflect this topic by playing at word games that address faith and
belief, or are you just hoping to regain impartiality by hiding behind agnostic
fences?

I may find certain 9-11 theories credible, but 'believing' in something, to me,
means that one has faith beyond reason and evidence to the contrary. I never
used the word "believe" -- you did, and brought it up in a derogatory manner.
The word is used in two ways today, and I will often apply it to mean
"subscribing to a popular view" as much as the next person. There is plenty of
reason to doubt the official explanation, and plenty of reason to determine
that there was a criminal cover-up. That you assert it necessary to have a
"faith based" view in order to accept 9-11 conspiracy theories is a very poor
agnostic's argument against those who question the "logic" of the
government/military/media issued muslim conspiracy, and exhibits yet another
'belief' of which you claim to feel incapable.

Natalia.

Cordell, Arthur: ECOM wrote:

        Wow.  I see that you "believe" in The Conspiracy.

        Nothing I do or say can change your views.  Nor do I want to change or
        trivialize your position.

        I am agnostic by nature so have a hard time taking a faith based stand
        pro or con vis a vis The Conspiracy, no matter how many grainy videos
        are put forward.

        I actually viewed the material on YouTube but found it lacking.  We can
        argue all day whether a bomb went off, whether there was something under
        the plane, etc.  (speak to anyone at the scene of a traffic accident or
        crime scene and try to get a straight story of what happened and who did
        what....there will be conflicting accounts)

        arthur

        snip, snip,snip........