Stephen Markan asked:
> While I cam see this is an important topic deserving of deep academic debate
> and investigation - I  am just curious as  to how this relates to the
> "purpose" of this futurework list?

I would think that USrael nuking Iran for its treatment of gays or some
other flimsy pretext would PRETTY MUCH impact the future of work.  Just
look how all the "war on terror" hype has messed up the global priorities
and everyday conditions (think "war on liquids" etc.).  This nonsense
has come to dominate the news, politics and everyday lives of people
around the world, and serves to escalate global conflicts with
potentially (and in some places actually) devastating consequences
on civilization as we know it, so debunking it is quite ON-topic
on this list IMHO.

---

Arthur Cordell wrote:
> I posted the Swiss material in response to a list-member from Switzerland
> who has, in the past,  flung some arrows at other countries and how they
> run their affairs.
      ^^^^^
Just THEIR affairs or OTHER countries' affairs?  That's a big difference.
Switzerland does not invade, bomb, occupy, threaten etc. other countries
and has been pretty successful nonetheless (or maybe because of that?).
That's why your "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" approach
fails, and can only backfire because Israel is the worst glass house.
(Nonetheless, I would not write polemic and hateful titles like
 "Israel: the world's heart of darkness?")

And Switzerland not only does not harrass other countries, its role even
enables it to mediate in conflicts -- also in the Iran/US conflict, with
the Swiss embassy in Tehran representing US interests.

I don't think you had to apologize or regret posting the materials, but
I would appreciate if you answered the question I posed in reply (how you
think criminal under-age foreigners should be dealt with).

Regards,
Chris