>From the Article:
California coastline, and Santa Barbara must have been as cold as Juneau is
now. (But the regional record is poorly understood, and I know at least one
reason why. These days when one goes to hear a talk on ancient climates of
North America, one is likely to learn that the speaker was forced into early
retirement from the U.S. Geological Survey by budget cuts. Rather than a
vigorous program of studying regional climatic change, we see the
shortsighted preaching of cheaper government at any cost.)

Good morning folks, Hi Steven thanks for the URL.   Its always good to read
what Native  Elders have been saying for a long time finally acknowledged in
print even if they aren't given credit.    You can get a lot done if you're
willing not to take the credit for it.

How good to see that the rest of the country is beginning to experience what
the Arts learned when these first cursed theories were expounded and used.
At the time science embraced economics and went for "efficiency" and
"utility" but now we know that it was old fashioned "venality."       When
will the rest of you "science" oriented folks learn that these models for
your markets don't work?     I still maintain that it is "religion" if for
no other reason than you sound like Christians who keep saying "don't blame
Jesus" for bad Christians.    Harry Pollard as a Jesuit.    How's that
collar Harry?   "If all the world would follow his dictums everything would
be just fine."

Perhaps you didn't bother to read the Donahue URL that I posted earlier or
perhaps you thought it was too low class for such a high class group?
Until you start dealing with the arguments seriously, things will just get
worse.    How long?    What  of the jewels of Western Civilization will be
destroyed next by this economic, small government idiocy before you  finally
pay attention?    Perhaps we could start with jobs again.      Jobs for
worthwhile accomplishments rather than how you can get the best deal and
save the most money.   Real accomplishment rarely costs little initially but
it often is all that's left once the world moves on.    The only purpose for
the money in the first place is to have the ability to do something
significant, instead Smith, Jones and Green and all of the other economic
funny folks said that the purpose of economics was to provide food, clothing
and shelter, something that hunter gathering does quiet well but it doesn't
create the Top Hat Class with mansions in Paris (which will soon be cold if
the above article is correct) London, Palm Beach, New York and the Hamptons
if they are members of the 1%.    If they are the 1/2% you can add LA and
Athens to the list and I'm not talking "apartments" except maybe New York
where the "apartment" is.......well you can imagine.     That is the legacy
of the economic theories of this world.     Dismal indeed, especially for
most of the population.

Happy Solstice.   Maybe we are all finishing the longest run away from the
warmth and the Sun is starting to come back.    But it will be a long cold
time before all of these drought starved civilized institutions have enough
warmth for there to be a Spring.    We will all be dead before that happens.
We can't even agree on how to prepare for the story told in this article
much less discipline ourselves enough to become real serious product
oriented creators rather than speculators.     Remember the basic rule for
any project is that you must have the "Time, Resources and Access" for it to
succeed.   Today we have no time, a minority has most of the resources and
most of us don't have any idea what "Access" means.   Happy Solstice!

REH

PS today the government found the third ranking member of Hamas  in the
world living in the US by following the trail of money.    Where did he
live?    In Texas of course.