Numbers are always hard (especially if the base-line hasn't been
quantified), but it is clear that Washington is slowly coming to its senses,
and that those who have always been skeptical of the Bush admin claims are
finding ways to language and channel their opposition. I haven't looked at
the Slate estimate, but I would put war with Iraq down around 20%
probability, at most. Powell has done a great job, anti-war US activists,
too. And we can thank North Korea for their inadvertant help, as well.

Perle, Wolfowitz et al must be crying in their milk, or whatever the
metaphor is....

Of course, there is still that nagging probability, so everyone should keep
on denouncing the possibility of war and the shabby logic that lies behind
it.

Cheers,
Lawry