Thanks Keith,

I don't think we are in such disagreement on this.   I was pointing out the
length of the disease rather than where it entered the US.   The
Scandinavian
Airline Steward who brought it in was both in San Francisco and New York.

Tedrian was infected by him here in NYCity.    It was,  Gay
Doctors around  the country who enlisted the help of people like myself to
get the word out  to the population.    Guilt Trips, Shaming and outright
lies unfortunately made it difficult to speak about for many until Rock
Hudson came out and told the truth.

Unfortunately some of my students still considered it a
civil rights issue and my being heterosexual meant that they had issues with
trust based upon anti-gay propaganda that they were constantly beaten about
the ears by from the dominant society (but not by me).

I was warned to be quiet if I wanted
to keep the students and I didn't because I wanted them to survive.   At one
point I lost nearly $20,000 in students when a large contingent simply left.
Most of that group is now sick and some are gone.   When its a bug, its a
bug but they had grown to believe they could conquer anything.
I knew better.

America can ill afford to spend so much to train its talented youth only to
have them die before they manifest that talent in serious work.   If that
seems cold, then understand that I live in a cold world.   But I did take
the hit and lost the students because I didn't want them to die.

REH