Applicable law for the US role and responsibilities in Iraq is laid out in
the Fourth Geneva Convention. This Convention does not discuss the legality
of the initial invasion, but focuses on the duties of an occupying power
once the occupation has taken place.  You can find the Convention easily;
officially, it is on the UN site.

Cheers,
Lawry