Stephen and Keith.

But the secret to success in Iraq is to get those oil pipelines flowing.

As you'll recall from my previous posts, the pipelines - all of them (except perhaps the "illegal" one through Syria) were in a state of disrepair.

Once oil begins flowing, the Iraq situation could change for the better.

Harry

=========================

Stephen wrote:

> The basic services are still not operating in Baghdad ...
> Meanwhile Bechtel and Halliburton are doing a grand job in
> the oilfield areas of Iraq. No problems there...
> I don't think America is really very
> interested so long as the oil starts to flow.
> From today's NYT:
> ALLIED TO RETAIN LARGER IRAQ FORCE AS STRIFE PERSISTS

Makes one wonder if there is an international law equivalent
to criminal negligence. US behavior here is contemptible.
What does Blair say? Does the UK have any influence on these
matters?

For an excellently succinct comment on these "post-war"
matters check out Mark Fiore's clever cartoon --->
http://www.markfiore.com/animation/planner.html

And while you're at it --->
http://www.markfiore.com/animation/looting.html

best wishes,

Stephen Straker

Harry Pollard
Henry George School of Social Science of Los Angeles
Box 655   Tujunga   CA   91042
Tel: (818) 352-4141  --  Fax: (818) 353-2242
http://home.attbi.com/~haledward