Lawrence DeBivort wrote:
I don't think that irradiated food becomes itself radioactive... Am I wrong?
[snip]
That's certainly what I thought.  They still need street lights in
Hiroshima....  Uranium miners, however, are bad news not just
for themselves but for everyone who spends much time around them.

And, while we're at it -- "the lady doth protest too much",
again:

    George W Bush whines on and on about somebody maybe
detonating a "dirty [nuclear] bomb" here in the US, whereas
the U.S. military uses depleted uranium artillery
shells everywhere we go.

I think George W Bush should
commission new dinnerware for the Whitehouse: Made
of depleted uranium!  (Remember the mayor in the movie
Jaws going in the water to prove it was safe, and the
deputy mayor going in too, not because he
thought it was safe, but because he feared losing
his job if he didn't.)

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]