Hi, Ray,
I'm not aware of any figure in Islamic mythology that compares to that of
Jesus -- besides the fact that Muslims recognize Jesus as one of the several
prophets that have helped shape their beliefs and way of life, Abraham being
another.

Widely accepted notions of Islamic martyrdom include that of a leader
betrayed by his political rivals, leaders who were abandoned by followers
and so fought and died unassisted, and leaders brought down by others
jealous of the leader's success and influence.  But I don't know of anything
resembling 'dying for the sins of others.'

Cheers,
Lawry