From: Ed Weick
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Futurework] The consumer economy terrifies me.

It is always about jobs, jobs, jobs and rarely about how to deal with the condition of widespread automation.

arthur

It's something the prolific Jeremy Rifkin dealt with in "The End of Work".  But if I recall correctly, he argued that we would no be unduly upset by living in an automated, low employment economy.

Ed